Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mt. Pinatubo


Last Saturday we headed up to Mt. Pinatubo with our friends Jeff and Jaime who were visiting from Chicago. We thought we were going to be in for a long hot grueling hike up a volcano. Instead we barely survived the roughest, bumpiest, dustiest jeep ride you could ever try to imagine up to a trail head where we enjoyed a twenty minute, easy, mostly shady hike.

The view from the top of the crater was beautiful. After a few pictures we headed down for a much needed swim to rinse of the dust from the ride up. The boys are happy they can now honestly say they have gone swimming in a volcano.



2 comments:

Digger said...

One of my readers pointed out your blog to me today, so I have added it to my blogroll of FS blogs at http://lifeafterjerusalem.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Thanks! Obviously, I'm not a very prolific blogger...but I have lofty goals that one day I will be. I checked out your blog and really enjoyed it. You are doing a real service to the FS community with your blogroll, it's a great resource.