Sunday, April 18, 2010

Guess Where We're Headed!


Wow, I guess I've fallen off of the blogging wagon. I'm going to take a new approach: Shorter and more frequent posts. I promise. At least I promise to try.

We've been in Manila for over a year now. We have less than a year before we leave. The big news is where we're headed next- Finland! Pretty sure it's the polar (pun intended) opposite of the Philippines. In ten short months we'll be saying goodbye to our days of worshiping the tropical sun and hello to freezing temperatures and pathetically huddling together in the sauna. Actually we are super-duper, extremely, really, excited! Our neighbors will be Santa and his reindeer, and it's the perfect jumping off place for some great destinations. Woo-hoo!
See you soon!






4 comments:

mikelynn said...

So excited for you guys. We are watching rally right now. All the best drivers come from Finland you know. The WRC (world rally championship) is there in July I think. Such a pretty place.

Moxie said...

I am already planning my Finland adventures for next year!

The State of Our Family said...

What an incredible opportunity! I'm so excited for all of you! Maybe in a future post you could talk about the timing of all of this. I'm curious about how long you'll be in Falls Church, etc. before getting to Finland.

Courtney said...

Mikelynn, I know nothing about rally races...but looking forward to cross country skiing!

Moxie, Yay! Can't wait to see you there!

Mandi, we have to take home leave for 4 wks. There is only minimal training for Steve (no language!) about 2 wks worth that might get deferred until a later time depending on when it's offered (i think June?) Hopefully for the next post we can get on the summer cycle so we don't have such a big school disruption. When do you guys bid?