Thursday, July 2, 2009

Clean Teeth!


A couple of days ago I finally quit procrastinating, and dragged both boys to the dentist. Henry was beside himself with excitement, as he loves anything that has to do with doctors, hospitals, and any kind of injury. Strange, but true. Truman was nervous, and spent the days leading up to the visit trying to negotiate his way out of it. I was a little nervous, too. If there's one thing I've learned to expect in the short five months I've been here, it's that you never know what to expect.

I'm happy to say, I've never had a better dental experience! The friendly receptionist greeted us as we entered the clean, modern office. I filled out the brief health forms required for each kid, handed them over to our smiling dentist (yes, dentist...not receptionist) and we got started right away. The procedure was smooth and painless for both boys, and no cavities.

Our appointment was at 9am, by the time we were in our car, driving out of the parking garage into the sunlight I glanced at my watch: 9:45! Both boys had thorough cleanings and exam. The cost? $52!! Total for both kids, and no insurance.

1 comment:

The State of Our Family said...

Isn't it great when things go even BETTER than expected? Life's little joys.